Plan B and Panasonic have partnered to introduce an innovative cloud archive-as-a-service technology. Utilising Panasonic’s Blu-ray and new Archival Disc technology, Plan B has built what it claims is the first application-based solution for businesses to securely access and manage their archive data in the cloud as a service.
Plan B’s Cloud Data Archive makes it easy to:
- Archive and recover files using a mapped network drive rather than manual processes requiring offsite media.
- Manage archive expenses with a simple, all-inclusive cost structure and no bill-shock.
- Move aged data off production infrastructure to reduce unnecessary costs and impact on network performance.
- Be confident in the integrity of archive data with physical WORM (Write Once Read Many) technology preventing accidental or malicious file deletion.
- Host archive data in New Zealand.
- Eliminate frequent data migration though media life cycle as Blu-ray and Archival Disc has a 50 year lifespan.
The new Cloud Data Archive service fits naturally alongside Plan B’s existing hosted infrastructure, backup and recovery services and makes it easy to access an archiving solution that will protect business data now and in the future.