Artisan Infrastructure enhances IT Continuity Engine
- Published: Tuesday, 08 December 2015 09:02
Artisan Infrastructure has announced enhancements to its IT Continuity Engine (ITCE) offering. The latest updates deliver business continuity for VMware vCenter Server, protecting virtual machine-based applications from downtime. ITCE’s integration with VMware now provides a high availability solution which supplements or replaces native VMware business continuity and disaster recovery solutions.
IT Continuity Engine advantages for VMware vCenter Server environments include the prevention of data loss by ensuring a near-zero RPO (recovery point objective). Downtime is addressed with near-zero RTO (recovery time objective) by proactively detecting and remediating failure signatures in protected applications before they cause downtime. Additionally, ITCE allows for the complete orchestration of site failovers for critical applications and business services in the event of a site outage. The solution also provides for seamless failback to the primary infrastructure once the original issue has been remediated.
New features in IT Continuity Engine include:
- Application-aware remediation. ITCE real-time application monitoring has been integrated with vSphere High Availability Clusters delivering application-aware virtual clusters that can remediate application performance issues before the applications fail and cause downtime.
- Continuous Data Protection. ITCE updates data continuously, so that remote servers always have the same data as the primary server.
- Uninterrupted DR testing. ITCE provides robust application-aware high availability and disaster recovery for two or three servers. Failover in a trio configuration is often set up to provide automatic local failover and push-button remote failover. When performing a planned switch-over in this configuration, the operator is given the option of performing a switch-over to either the secondary or tertiary machine in the cluster. Disaster recovery tests can be conducted quickly without interrupting production servers.
- Hardware agnostic. High availability and disaster recovery solutions from Artisan Infrastructure’s Neverfail portfolio are hardware agnostic and versatile. They are not architecturally dependent upon a file share witness or a cluster quorum as these introduce single points of failure.
- Simplified workflows and installation. The enhanced, wizard-driven setup with simplified workflow speeds setup and enables proper installation.
- Accelerated, simplified recovery. ITCE provides a true clone-based architecture with no boot times, which speeds up recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives and simplifies recovery architecture.