Retrospect releases Retrospect Backup and launches Cloud Storage high availability solution
- Published: Tuesday, 28 June 2022 09:47
Retrospect, a StorCentric company, has announced Retrospect Cloud Storage, Retrospect Backup 19, and Retrospect Virtual 2022. With Retrospect Cloud Storage integrated into Retrospect, businesses now have a complete ransomware protection and detection solution that encompasses on-premise and cloud protection. Retrospect Cloud Storage is a low-cost, high-availability (HA) cloud storage service, with 13 data centers / centres located around the world. Retrospect Cloud Storage has been one of the most requested features from Retrospect's customers, combining the simplicity of a single subscription with seamless integration into Retrospect Backup.
With Retrospect Backup 19 and Retrospect Virtual 2022, businesses around the world can now protect their critical infrastructure on Retrospect Cloud Storage, with complete support for immutable backups and anomaly detection, as well as on-premise with Retrospect's deep support for NAS devices, including the new Nexsan EZ-NAS unit with Retrospect built-in, and tape libraries, including LTO-9 support.
Retrospect Cloud Storage is built on Wasabi Technologies' Hot Cloud Storage, providing lightning-fast object storage. Retrospect Cloud Storage leverages that foundation to provide advanced data protection features like immutable backups. With Retrospect's AES-256 at-rest encryption, sensitive data can be backed up to Retrospect Cloud Storage but guaranteed to remain private from the underlying infrastructure provider, including Retrospect, Inc. and Wasabi Technologies. Using Retrospect Cloud Storage and the multi-homed backups with the 3-2-1 backup rule, businesses are fully protected and encrypted from ransomware attacks with on-premise and cloud backups.
Retrospect Backup 19
Also included in Retrospect Backup 19 are:
- Backup Comparison: Businesses need to understand not only what is in a backup but what changed between backups. Using anomaly detection and backup comparison, administrators can identify exactly which files changed to signal an anomaly and evaluate their contents to isolate valid ransomware infections.
- OS Compliance Checks: Many ransomware variants depend on unpatched systems for infiltration. Retrospect Backup now utilizes its extensive footprint to aggregate system information and identify systems that are out of compliance with the latest version of each operating system.
Retrospect Virtual 2022
Included in Retrospect Virtual 2022:
- Faster Backups and Restores: Fast data protection is critical in physical and virtual environments. Retrospect Virtual is now significantly faster at backups and restores.
- Backup Data Deduplication: With advanced data deduplication, Retrospect Virtual can now protect larger amount of data in a smaller storage space.
- Hyper-V 2022 Support: Hyper-V 2022 is the latest version of Microsoft's virtualization software, and Retrospect Virtual is now fully certified for it.