Veeam Software has announced the availability of the new Veeam Data Platform, a single platform delivering advanced data security, recovery, and hybrid cloud capabilities.
The Veeam Data Platform, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR) v12, brings together the latest features offered from Veeam into a single robust solution that is offered in three enterprise-grade editions for protecting cloud, virtual, physical, SaaS and Kubernetes applications across complex and expanding IT environments and the increasing set of challenges facing every organization from outages to errors and ransomware.
Veeam says that the Veeam Data Platform delivers the three key requirements to keep a business running: data security, data recovery, and data freedom to backup and use data from anywhere without platform or cloud lock-in.
There are three enterprise-grade editions: Foundation, Advanced and Premium. All editions contain Veeam’s VBR and Instant Recovery; Advanced and Premium editions also deliver advanced resiliency features including monitoring, analytics, and recovery.
All editions of Veeam Data Platform leverage VBR v12 as its foundation. New functionality includes:
- Direct-to-object storage backups: take full advantage of the unlimited scalability of on-premises and cloud object storage without sacrificing performance. Send backups directly to Veeam’s broad ecosystem of object storage partners on-premises with the performance needed to meet goals or backup your edge locations directly to cloud object storage.
- Trusted immutability for every workload: ensure backups can always be restored after a cyber attack with comprehensive, enterprise-grade immutability options from trusted vendors, including on-premises object, block and file storage, hardened repositories and deduplicating storage appliances, cloud object storage and tape.
- Cyber resilient: enable the fastest response to ransomware attacks by identifying, alerting and restoring only clean data, including automation and proven recovery orchestration for all workloads. Empower a zero-trust journey with multi-factor authentication (MFA), password-less service accounts (gMSA) for Windows and single-use credentials for Linux, and fortify defense / defence against cyber attacks with Kerberos-only and IPv6-only environment support.
- Hybrid-cloud optimised: achieve even greater efficiency and security across the hybrid cloud with immutable backups for cloud-native AWS and Microsoft Azure workloads, new cloud-integrated agents for lift-and-shift workloads, and unified cloud monitoring and reporting.
- Ecosystem excellence: Veeam Universal Storage API 2.0 and new Smart Object Storage API provide even more future-proofing for enterprise scalability and offsite resiliency. Ecosystem vendors include Pure Storage, Scality and Object First as the inaugural launch partners that integrate with these new APIs.