N2W Software launches Cloud Protection Manager 2.0
- Published: Thursday, 18 February 2016 08:55
N2W Software, a provider of backup and recovery solutions for the public cloud, has announced the immediate availability of version 2.0 of Cloud Protection Manager (CPM 2.0), its enterprise-class backup, recovery and disaster recovery solution on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace.
Commercially launched in late 2013, Cloud Protection Manager is used by hundreds of customers in more than 30 countries to reliably back up thousands of Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud instances, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) databases and Amazon Redshift clusters. Leveraging AWS native technology, CPM 2.0 allows AWS customers to automate, control, and maintain backup and recovery activities for their enterprise production environments.
Cloud Protection Manager 2.0 includes several new features and enhancements:
- File-level recovery. Extending beyond disk-level instant recovery, users can now quickly search and recover files and folders in Amazon EC2 using an intuitive web-based console. This new feature allows users to continue to enjoy the speed of snapshot block-level backup without sacrificing the usability of file-level search and recovery.
- Efficient and scalable Windows backup. Using a new generation of thin backup agents with built-in support for Microsoft VSS, this functionality is vital for customers running large-scale Windows production environments. With CPM 2.0, backups can be created reliably without interrupting ongoing operations, while ensuring their consistency for a single point in time.
- Amazon Aurora and MariaDB RDS Backups. CPM 2.0 delivers extended data protection to all types of Amazon RDS databases, including the newly-released Amazon Aurora clusters and MariaDB. By applying its policy-based backup management to Amazon RDS databases, CPM allows customers to enjoy superior backup resiliency for their mission critical Amazon RDS databases.
- Enhanced automation. With an easy-to-use CLI utility and an extensive set of RESTful APIs, CPM 2.0 allows DevOps teams to seamlessly integrate backup and recovery operations with other cloud automation processes to create a highly automated and streamlined cloud computing environment.
Other new features in the release include one-click Windows server recovery in AWS, Amazon Machine Image (AMI) scheduling, detailed recovery monitoring, support for AWS' new Asia Pacific (Seoul) Region, and support for all types of Amazon EC2 instances.