Nimble Storage unveils Predictive All Flash arrays
- Published: Wednesday, 24 February 2016 10:26
Nimble Storage has announced a new series of Predictive All Flash arrays, combining fast Flash performance with InfoSight Predictive Analytics for high performance, superior scalability and non-stop availability , at a total cost of ownership (TCO) that is up to 33 to 66 percent lower than competitive arrays. With the addition of the AF-Series to the Nimble Predictive Flash platform portfolio, Nimble provides enterprise IT organizations with a single consolidation architecture to accelerate, protect and scale all enterprise applications and deliver data velocity to end users.
The Nimble AF-Series All Flash arrays deliver the performance, scalability and consistent low latency required to power the all Flash data center / centre. The flagship Nimble AF9000 All Flash array delivers performance of up to 350,000 IOPS at sub-millisecond latency and scales effective capacity to over 2PB in just 12U, significantly higher in comparison to competitive all Flash arrays. Further, in scale-out four-node cluster configurations, the AF9000 can non-disruptively and independently scale performance up to 1.2M IOPS and effective capacity to over 8PBs.
- Comprehensive data protection: with inline variable block deduplication and compression, and zero pattern elimination, the AF-Series delivers up to a 5X capacity savings. And with thin provisioning and zero copy clones the savings increase even further.
- Backup, Disaster recovery and archival at one-third the cost: as cost-optimized Nimble Adaptive Flash (hybrid) arrays run the same release of NimbleOS, they can be leveraged to address secondary storage requirements at a fraction of the cost of backing up to all Flash. With identical functionality and a common user experience both AF and CS Series arrays integrate seamlessly under the Unified Flash Fabric single consolidation architecture.
- Absolute resiliency with non-stop availability: from inception Nimble storage arrays were designed for 6 ‘9’s’, with 99.9997 percent measured uptime across the entire installed base through InfoSight Predictive Analytics and no single point of failure.
- Triple+ Parity RAID: the AF-Series has been engineered to sustain up to three simultaneous SSD failures plus an additional layer of protection from intra-drive parity and integrated hot sparing.