Zerto Virtual Replication Version 4.5 simplifies data recovery
- Published: Thursday, 10 March 2016 08:31
Zerto has announced the availability of Zerto Virtual Replication version 4.5, which includes a new ‘Journal File Level Recovery’ feature to enable the restoration of any file from a point in time just seconds before a deletion, virus, or data corruption occurred to significantly reduce the impact of data loss on common daily requests for data restoration. This powerful new feature gives business and IT leaders greater confidence in data restoration including SAP, SQL, Oracle and Exchange database files.
Utilizing compressed journaling of the changed blocks from the protected Virtual Machines, Zerto Virtual Replication maintains a granularity of the data in increments of seconds up to the past two weeks. This enables point in time recovery with the ability to rewind data back in time to recover from corruptions, deletions or even system-wide data disruptions due to ransomware or system upgrade errors.
Other enhancements and new features in Zerto Virtual Replication 4.5 include:
- Journaling Compression of changed block data stored in the recovery site, saving 60 percent on average of disk space utilised for enabling point in time recovery of data and applications;
- Role-based Access Control integration into Active Directory to delegate view, edit, test and failover permissions to users and groups on a per protection group basis to empower application owners with disaster recovery self-service;
- Automatic prioritisation of replication traffic to enable maximum WAN utilization across all tiers of protected applications, with dynamic optimization of the replication traffic of each application in a bandwidth contention scenario to ensure business and application SLAs are maintained;
- New APIs for automating deployment and the creation of protection groups to enable automatic protection and subsequent editing of protected VMs, increasing efficiency and automation of the virtual environment.