NIST Engineering Laboratory offers disaster resilience research grants
- Published: Tuesday, 10 July 2018 09:58
The US NIST Engineering Laboratory Disaster Resilience Research Grants Program is seeking applications from eligible applicants to conduct research aimed at advancing the principles of resilience in building design and building codes and standards.
Research proposals must support the overall effort of developing science-based building codes by evaluating potential technologies and architectural design criteria to improve disaster resilience in the built environment.
Research projects must be aligned with NIST work in:
- Wildland urban interface fires;
- Structural performance under multi-hazard program;
- Earthquake hazard reduction;
- Disaster and failure studies.