Theme for the 2015 US National Preparedness Month announced
- Published: Wednesday, 22 July 2015 11:45
FEMA has announced that the 2015 US National Preparedness Month theme will be: “Don't Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.”
National Preparedness Month will take place in September and is aimed at businesses, communities, families and individuals. It finishes on the 30th September with the PrepareAthon! The theme aims to encourage communities and families to make emergency plans.
Each week of National Preparedness Month covers a specific hazard focused theme. These are:
- Week 1: September 1st-5th Flood
- Week 2: September 6th-12th Wildfire
- Week 3: September 13th-19th Hurricane
- Week 4: September 14th-26th Power Outage
- Week 5: September 27th-30th Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day
The official NPM Social Media Toolkit will be released in the first week of August.
More details at http://www.ready.gov/september