APEC Ministers agree energy resilience strategy
- Published: Thursday, 15 October 2015 09:29
Energy Ministers from the 21 APEC member economies have adopting the Cebu Declaration and Instructions, a joint statement which highlights an agreement on energy resilience.
Under the Declaration, Ministers instruct the region’s energy stakeholders to promote and collaborate on initiatives under the theme ‘Towards an Energy Resilient APEC Community.’ The agreement will also result in a task force on energy resilience which will implement the following:
- Disaster-proofing of energy infrastructure;
- Advancing cutting-edge energy efficiency technologies;
- Promoting community-based clean energy use in energy poverty-stricken areas;
- Improving energy trade and investment in APEC.