The Seventh Annual State of Resilience Report
- Published: Friday, 03 April 2015 14:13
Vision Solutions Inc., has published its Seventh Annual State of Resilience Report. Entitled ‘The Future of IT: Migrations, Protection & Recovery Insights,’ the report looks at trends, opportunities and challenges.
Highlights of the report include:
- Nearly 75 percent of respondents have not calculated the hourly cost of downtime for their business;
- For those who experienced a storage failure, nearly 50 percent lost data in the process due to insufficient disaster recovery methods or practices;
- Nearly two thirds of those surveyed said they delayed an important data migration for fear of downtime or lack of resources;
- Hosted private cloud is still the most prevalent cloud environment at 57 percent usage; hybrid cloud adoption lags at 32 percent with room to grow;
- Despite the growing popularity of cloud, nearly two thirds state they do not have high availability or disaster recovery protection in place for their data once it is in the cloud.
The report combines findings from five industry-wide surveys of more than 3,000 IT professionals.