GridEx VI to help North American electricity organizations exercise incident response plans
- Published: Thursday, 28 October 2021 08:03
On November 16–17, 2021, the North American electricity industry, government agencies, and other relevant organizations, will take part in GridEx VI to exercise resilience and recovery plans in response to simulated cyber and physical security attacks and other potential threats to North America’s electricity system.
Organized by NERC, the North American Electric Reliability Corporation, GridEx VI “offers opportunities for organizations to strengthen crisis communications relationships and provide feedback for lessons learned during the exercise.”
NERC says that the objectives of GridEx VI are to:
- Activate incident, operating, and crisis management response plans
- Enhance coordination with government to facilitate restoration
- Identify interdependence concerns with natural gas and telecommunications sectors
- Exercise response to a supply chain-based compromise to critical components
- Identify common mode and cyber operation concerns across interconnections.