Updated version of BS 65000 organizational resilience standard now available
- Published: Wednesday, 24 August 2022 11:48
The British Standards Institution (BSI) has released a revised version of its BS 65000 organizational resilience standard. BS 65000:2022 is now a code of practice, having being upgraded from a guidance document.
BS 65000 helps organizations understand what resilience means and provides the necessary guidance to help them build a more resilient future. The new version supplies updated terminology and approaches, and covers a wider scope of resilience across industries, sectors and organizational types and sizes.
The British Standards Institution says that BS 65000:2022:
- Provides an authoritative document that can be used as part of a board-level agenda
- Provides clear interconnection and recognizable relationships between subjects such as cyber, sustainability, supply chain, and culture, as well as key standards such as on risk management, emerging risks, business continuity management, crisis management and governance to support responsible and good business practices.
- Harmonizes many existing management processes and systems to save management time and to improve investment decisions.
- Supports discussions on resilience across organizations with agreed terms and definitions and provides a means to measure resilience.
- Can help users to enter new markets, accelerate innovation, develop their resilience expertise, grow sustainably, improve efficiency, increase trust and strengthen risk management.
BS 65000:2022 costs £150 for non-members of BSI and £75 for members.