The latest resilience news from around the world

Rethinking Resilience Analytics

A new academic paper published in the Risk Analysis journal ‘examines the efficacy of resilience analytics by answering a single motivating question: Can big data analytics help cyber–physical–social (CPS) systems adapt to surprise?’

Read more ...

Near-normal 2019 Atlantic hurricane season expected

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is predicting that a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year. This outlook forecasts a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season, a 30 percent chance of an above-normal season and a 30 percent chance of a below-normal season.

Read more ...

BCI launches ‘Introduction to Organizational Resilience’ video

The Business Continuity Institute has used BCAW 2019 as a platform to launch a new video which provides a clear overview of what organizational resilience is. Entitled an Introduction to Organizational Resilience, the video aims to help organizations understand why organizational resilience is built around taking a collaborative approach to resilience.

Read more ...

Want news and features emailed to you?

Signup to our free newsletters and never miss a story.

A website you can trust

The entire Continuity Central website is scanned daily by Sucuri to ensure that no malware exists within the site. This means that you can browse with complete confidence.

Business continuity?

Business continuity can be defined as 'the processes, procedures, decisions and activities to ensure that an organization can continue to function through an operational interruption'. Read more about the basics of business continuity here.

Get the latest news and information sent to you by email

Continuity Central provides a number of free newsletters which are distributed by email. To subscribe click here.