The latest resilience news from around the world

Is the Chinese route out of lockdown one for the UK to follow?

Resilience First has highlighted a series of key points that emerged from the latest in a series of webinars it hosted focusing on the response to COVID-19. Contributors included a leading expert in architecture and urban design from the University of Nottingham in Ningbo China and a Chinese urban designer from Perkins and Will. 

Read more ...

NOAA forecasts an active 2020 Atlantic hurricane season

An above-normal 2020 Atlantic hurricane season is expected, according to forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the US National Weather Service. The outlook predicts a 60 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 30 percent chance of a near-normal season and only a 10 percent chance of a below-normal season.

Read more ...

UK companies seem to be doing well when it comes to supporting employees’ mental health during the pandemic

UK businesses are so far delivering on employee engagement in the current COVID-19 pandemic, according to new research from Wazoku. 70 percent of survey respondents say their employer has taken steps to ensure their mental health and well-being is addressed and 72 percent have been consulted about how best they can all approach home working during the crisis.

Read more ...

Accounting for multiple crises: how businesses can mitigate the effects of COVID-19 and concurrent natural disasters

Although COVID-19 is, understandably, the focus for most businesses, the disruption caused by the virus will not cause the threat from other hazards, such as natural disasters, to disappear. Erika Weisbrod looks at how COVID-19 may impact the response to natural disasters and highlights some areas that organizations need to consider.

Read more ...

Want news and features emailed to you?

Signup to our free newsletters and never miss a story.

A website you can trust

The entire Continuity Central website is scanned daily by Sucuri to ensure that no malware exists within the site. This means that you can browse with complete confidence.

Business continuity?

Business continuity can be defined as 'the processes, procedures, decisions and activities to ensure that an organization can continue to function through an operational interruption'. Read more about the basics of business continuity here.

Get the latest news and information sent to you by email

Continuity Central provides a number of free newsletters which are distributed by email. To subscribe click here.