The US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is requesting comments about the draft Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder, a self-assessment tool to help organizations better understand the effectiveness of their cybersecurity risk management efforts.
The Builder blends the best of two globally recognized and widely used NIST resources: the organizational performance evaluation strategies from the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program and the risk management mechanisms of the Cybersecurity Framework.
Using the Builder, organizations of all sizes and types can:
- Determine cybersecurity-related activities that are important to business strategy and the delivery of critical services;
- Prioritize investments in managing cybersecurity risk;
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency in using cybersecurity standards, guidelines and practices;
- Assess their cybersecurity results; and
- Identify priorities for improvement.