Only 57 percent of critical IT infrastructure issues are detected before business impact: survey
- Published: Tuesday, 28 April 2015 09:14
Continuity Software has released the results of its 2015 IT Operations Analytics Survey, which is based on responses from over 200 IT professionals from various industries. The survey found that organizations large and small are struggling to meet their key performance indicator (KPI) goals and prevent IT issues before they adversely impact the business.
Key findings include:
- Uptime is the leading KPI for IT operations, used by 89 percent of respondents. Fifty-one percent of respondents track uptime in real-time, while 19 percent track it daily.
- Organizations are least likely to monitor KPIs in the cloud environment (only 20 percent do so). In contrast, more than 70 percent of organizations monitor KPIs across their networks, databases, applications and storage.
- Only 29 percent of respondents consistently meet or exceed their KPI goals. 46 percent percent of respondents meet their goals most of the time, and 13 percent meet some of them.
- Organizations detect and address an average of only 57 percent of critical IT issues before they impact the business.
- Organizations are more likely to meet their KPI goals if they frequently track configuration consistency across more IT domains.
- IT operations analytics tools are more commonly found in large organizations. 47 percent of organizations with over 10,000 employees use them, compared to 32 percent of smaller companies.
- 76 percent of executives who use IT operations analytics find these solutions helpful or extremely helpful in early detection of IT issues.
- IT executives believe the best way to improve operations excellence is to use better tools for measurement and analysis (28 percent), use tools to enforce IT best practices (28 percent), or use tools to detect cross-domain IT configuration issues (22 percent).
To view the full report, please visit: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/survey/2015-it-operations-analytics-survey/