Key results from the IDC Business Resilience Readiness Thought Leadership Survey
- Published: Tuesday, 28 May 2019 08:28
Phil Goodwin, Research Director at IDC, previewed the results of the 2019 IDC ‘Business Resilience Readiness Thought Leadership Survey’ during his keynote at ZertoCON, Zerto’s annual conference, which took place recently. The survey included 500 respondents at companies with greater than 1000 employees and found that:
- Data protection modernization is the top IT initiative for respondents over the next 12 months. Specifically, 38 percent will deploy new backup/recovery solutions within the next year.
- Cloud-based data protection solutions ranked as a second priority for respondents over the next 12 months. 19 percent already plan to deploy DRaaS within the next year.
- For 91.3 percent of respondents using public cloud for data protection, the use of public cloud has had no impact on, or has reduced, their data protection budget overall.
- 82.3 percent of respondents indicate that data protection and disaster recovery are an important part of their IT and/or digital transformation initiatives.
- 93.4 percent of respondents are likely to pursue convergence of backup and DR tools as a way to eliminate redundancy.