Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency issues a warning to US organizations on Iran cyber attack threat
- Published: Tuesday, 07 January 2020 13:16
The US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has issued an alert to warn US organizations about the imminent threat of cyber attacks sponsored by the Iranian government and military.
The alert ‘AA20-006A: Potential for Iranian Cyber Response to U.S. Military Strike in Baghdad’ recommends that organizations take the following actions in response to the threat:
- Adopt a state of heightened awareness
- Increase organizational vigilance
- Confirm reporting processes.
- Exercise organizational incident response plans
- Disable all unnecessary ports and protocols
- Enhance monitoring of network and email traffic
- Patch externally facing equipment
- Log and limit usage of PowerShell
- Ensure backups are up to date and stored in an easily retrievable location that is air-gapped from the organizational network.