Less than half of UK SMEs have an IT disaster recovery plan in place, finds survey
- Published: Tuesday, 03 March 2020 09:10
According to research commissioned by full-service IT consultancy ILUX, fewer than half of the UK’s small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) are prepared to cope adequately in the event of an IT disruption.
The survey, which canvassed the opinions of over 500 UK-based SMEs, revealed that just two fifths (42 percent) of those polled had an IT disaster recovery plan in place. This is despite the fact that a significant proportion (24 percent) had already experienced damage or loss due to an IT fault.
Of the proportion who have experienced damage and / or loss:
- 43 percent experienced the loss of important data;
- 40 percent experienced a drop in staff productivity;
- 29 percent suffered a loss of sales / transactions;
- 24 percent experienced data breach / GDPR implications.
These findings are explored in more detail in a whitepaper which can be downloaded here.