2021 cyber threat trends outlook
- Published: Friday, 06 November 2020 09:21
Booz Allen has published a detailed look at the evolving cyber threat landscape, looking ahead to 2021 and predicting how this is likely to change. ‘Cyber Threat Trends Outlook’ says that cyber threats are increasing in both scope and frequency. From ransomware operators refining and polishing their business models, to the rapid adoption of cloud as organizations seek to gain operational efficiencies, attack surfaces are expanding, and threat actors are evolving. Much of that evolution is related, at least somewhat, to the pandemic.
The report covers eight key cyber threat trends anticipated for 2021:
- Next-Generation Extortion and Evolution in Malware Business Models
- Supply Chain Attacks via Cloud-Hosted Development Environments
- AI, Evasion, and Theft
- Parcel and Shipping as Critical Infrastructure
- Mandated Contact Tracing Apps May Open Doors for Large-Scale Cyber Attacks
- Cybercriminals Will Likely Capitalize on Rapid U.S. Telehealth Adoption
- 5G to Expand the Attack Surface for Industrial IOT
- 5G to Increase Security Pressure on Mobile Hotspots.