The Fifth Annual Global State of the WAN Report
- Published: Friday, 26 March 2021 11:14
Aryaka has published its fifth annual 2021 State of the WAN report, which surveyed over 1350 global IT and network practitioners at enterprises spanning all verticals, headquartered in NA, APAC and EMEA. The survey asked respondents about their networking and performance challenges, priorities and their plans for 2021 and beyond.
Key trends identified in this year’s report include:
- Accelerating fusion of networking and security planning, with almost a third of enterprises stating that they are already deploying what they consider to be a secure access service edge (SASE) architecture
- A hybrid work environment that will persist after the pandemic recedes, with over 80 percent stating that they expect over a quarter of workers to remain remote, and over two-thirds desiring flexibility between on-premises and remote deployments
- Continued WAN and application growth, resulting in increased network complexity. The number of enterprises reporting they’re deploying over 500 distinct applications has grown to 46 percent. 37 percent of enterprises identify complexity as their number one network concern
- 43 percent of enterprises identify application performance as an underlying driver for WAN transformation. However, WAN transformations have slowed this year due to the pandemic
- Over 70 percent of enterprises intend to move to managed services versus just 18 percent who prefer the autonomy of a do-it-yourself WAN solution.