Zero trust: how to beat adversaries at their own game
- Published: Thursday, 07 April 2022 07:58
ISACA has released a new resource, ‘Zero Trust: How to Beat Adversaries at Their Own Game’, that provides a primer complete with tactics for organizations developing a zero trust approach.
The document outlines the benefits of applying the zero trust principle and explores key considerations and components to include identity and access management, leveraging cloud technologies and device posture health checking.
The paper also walks through a brief history of exploitations and includes a listing of key compromises reported in the latter half of 2021 for context. Additionally, it delves into the tactics that hackers commonly use and how enterprises can apply zero trust technologies to interrupt a hacker’s tactical life cycle, such as:
- Extending the control plane outside the enterprise
- Using virtualization as a defensive solution
- Planning to fail effectively
- Employing intelligence to monitor insider threat activities