Kaseya has released its 2022 IT Operations Report, which highlights the results of a global survey of IT professionals to learn about their top priorities and challenges.
Key takeaways from this year’s benchmark survey include:
- The top three priorities are improving IT security overall (52 percent of respondents), increasing IT productivity through automation (33 percent) and migrating to the cloud (32 percent).
- The main three challenges are cyber security and data protection (49 percent), insufficient IT budgets and resources to meet demands (29 percent), and legacy systems that hamper growth and innovation (21 percent).
- IT security budgets: in addition to anticipated security staffing increases, about 86 percent of respondents expect their IT security budget to increase or stay the same this year. About one third identified security incidents and concerns as among the top three budget drivers.
- More automation: about 33 percent of the respondents ranked increasing IT productivity through automation among the top three business priorities. 48 percent – almost half – are planning to invest in automation technologies in 2023.
- Say goodbye to legacy systems: outdated infrastructure is the biggest budget driver after business growth with 40 percent of respondents looking to update their technology this year.