The 2022 State of Operational Technology report
- Published: Tuesday, 19 July 2022 08:51
SCADAfence has announced the publication of ‘The 2022 State of Operational Technology’, which presents the results from a global survey of OT cyber security professionals. It offers insight into the threat landscape in the critical infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.
The survey's key findings include:
- 79 percent of OT experts believe that human error is the greatest risk for compromise to OT systems.
- 83 percent of those surveyed believe there is a significant shortage of trained OT workers, with not enough new workers being trained to meet the growing demand.
- 69 percent believe the above skills shortage puts organizations at higher risk than ever before.
- Experts believe that lack of visibility into their OT/ICS networks is the biggest challenge to managing risks.
The survey also addressed the issue of successful IT-OT convergence, with 50 percent of respondents saying that proper communication between IT-OT teams is the biggest factor for success.