The US Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has released a new guidance document ‘CISA Insights: Preparing Critical Infrastructure for Post-Quantum Cryptography’.
CISA says that the guidance outlines the actions that critical infrastructure stakeholders should take now to prepare for their future migration to the post-quantum cryptographic standard that the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) will publish in 2024.
Preparing Critical Infrastructure for Post-Quantum Cryptography covers:
- Quantum risk to digital communications
- The quantum threat to public key cryptography
- What is quantum computing and how is it a threat?
- Potential impacts to National Critical Functions
- Information for National Critical Functions that rely on industrial control systems
- Recommended actions for leaders
Read the document (PDF).